We are looking for a Data engineer to join our Royalties and Reporting team and contribute to the continued growth of Anghami.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to our brand and vision, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our values. Strategic thinking is core and being able to work cross-functionally is a must to build relevant data models, complex data pipelines and reporting systems that ensure on-time delivery of accurate, effective and state-of-the-art reports.
- We’re a homemade startup with international swagger and over 70 million registered users.
- We pride ourselves with our Users and our Product.
- We work hard every day to understand the needs and aspiration of our users.
- We believe that music is ambivalent: It is as social as it is personal.
- And so we aim at providing users with all the tools and features that grant them the full freedom to explore, share and connect through music.
What we are looking
- Serve as the primary data developer and analytics partner to the Royalties & Reporting team
- Design, develop, and test data-driven products that can handle millions of financial & streaming events by translating music distributors legal terms into technical specifications and data flows
- Build and generate reports based on pre-defined templates
- Explore new ways of producing, processing, and analysing data in order to gain insights into key metrics such as revenue and cost of content
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Improve data quality and data models
- Work with other data engineers, software engineers, decision-makers and business stakeholders such as product managers, accounting officers as well as our label & licencing team
- Act as the bridge between our technology and finance departments
- Communicate with the different labels and publishers technical teams regarding the delivery of all expected reports
- Work with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in data engineering and data analytics
- You have a solid knowledge and professional experience in relational databases, ETL tools and data modeling as well as in analyzing large datasets using SQL
- Skills in Python, Jupyter and/or R is recommended. PHP is a plus
- Experience with AWS Redshift is a big plus
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines
- You love visualising your data findings in a clear and easy to understand way using data visualization tools such as Looker (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with colleagues, stakeholders and partners. You have the ability to explain sophisticated topics in simple terms to a variety of audiences
- You have some experience with music distributors and publishers in terms of master and publishing rights (performing rights, mechanical rights, …)
- We offer very competitive salaries, paid vacations, training and development, remote working opportunities, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, events every other week and an exciting offices in multiple countries
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!