- We’re a homemade startup with international swagger and over 70 million registered users.
- We're the first Arab tech company to be listed on the New York Nasdaq.
- We pride ourselves in our Users and our Product.
- We work hard every day to understand the needs and aspiration of our users.
- We believe that music is ambivalent: It is as social as it is personal.
- And so we aim at providing users with all the tools and features that grant them the full freedom to explore, share and connect through music.
Job title: Senior Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Location: Based in Beirut, Lebanon.
This position might require you to travel to other Anghami subsidiaries, including but not limited to: Lebanon, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, KSA, Egypt
We are looking for a Senior Compensation and Benefits Specialist to oversee and administer our employees’ rewards, perks, and benefits. You will assess personnel needs and organizational needs across all Anghami subsidiaries in the MENA region (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Lebanon, Egypt, KSA, Morocco), and draft targeted programs that will increase performance, organizational trust and satisfaction.
This position will assist in other human resource areas, such as recruitment, training and career development.
The goal is to attract, retain and motivate employees while reducing turnover and enhancing our company’s profile as a great place to work.
- Define a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package that fits and is aligned to our company’s strategy and business goals
- Develop a consistent compensation philosophy in line with work culture, organizational objectives and business goals
- Conduct salary and labor market research to define benchmarks and prevailing pay rates and benefits
- Stay up-to-date on new trends and best practices in the field
- Ensure that compensation practices are compliant with current and local legislation across the MENA region, notably Lebanon, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, KSA, Egypt, Morocco
- Use various methods and techniques and make data-based decisions on direct financial, indirect financial and nonfinancial compensations
- Assess employees needs by conducting organizational psychology surveys to find out what motivates and engages employees
- Prepare job descriptions, job analysis, job evaluations and job classifications
- Deploy effective success metrics to measure the impact of compensation and rewards packages on employee and company performance
- Conduct periodic audits and prepare reports
Requirements and Skills
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a Compensation and Benefits Specialist
- Prior experience in HR practices and compensation cycle management
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or finance. Master’s degree is a plus
- HR-industry certificates are a competitive edge: SPHR, SHRM-CP, CEBS, etc.
- Working knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Previous experience with organizational psychology and labor market surveys is a plus
- Solid knowledge of current labor rules and regulations in Lebanon, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Egypt, KSA
- Familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office
- Hands on experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Language: fluent spoken, read, and written English and Arabic are mandatory. French is a plus
- Passion for HR and enhancing employee wellbeing
- We offer an attractive total compensation package, bonus granted upon meeting KPIs and excellent benefits.
- You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-pace company to meet its growing ambitions.