We're looking for talented engineers who are passionate about coding, as well as changing the music & audio experience for people in the Middle East. As an Anghami engineer, you'll you'll have a large impact on all parts of our platform.
This pivotal position accepts junior to senior engineers and allows growth up to high levels with tenure and achievements.
We have backend engineers making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build features that span various parts of the system.
- We’re a homemade startup with international swagger and over 70 million registered users.
- We pride ourselves with our Users and our Product.
- We work hard every day to understand the needs and aspiration of our users.
- We believe that music is ambivalent: It is as social as it is personal.
- And so we aim at providing users with all the tools and features that grant them the full freedom to explore, share and connect through music.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful systems; you need to be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces - and attention to detail. Of course, you should be comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
We are looking for overachievers. There is room for rapid growth for highly motivated individuals, we are growing the team and doubling it every year.
You will be joining our growing Data Engineering team that is responsible for providing all the tools that improve the reliability and quality of the large amount of data that Anghami collects. Many departments rely on data to make informed technical and business decisions.
Come help us:
- Conceive, design, build, and launch new data pipelines
- Develop, release, and scale ETL services and/or infrastructure
- Think critically about how to solve our growing data challenges
- You have 2+ years of programming experience, preferably Python, Scala or Java
- Experience with distributed systems with a focus on reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- Hands on experience with real time data processing using Kafka, Spark Streaming or similar technologies
- Hands on experience with hive, presto or other distributed querying frameworks.
- Experience working with a database (DML/DAL/SQL) in production. We use a combination of MySQL, Redshift, Presto, DocumentDB & Spark.
- A product-minded approach to engineering. You should be excited about working directly with users and artists all over the world to make sure they have an amazing experience.
- Experience in Unit Testing or Integration Testing is welcomed.
- Docker & Containerization technology is core to us, if you're familiar with it, you'll feel at home.
- We are running on AWS: some familiarity there is a bonus, however any other technology that you master well is a bonus
- A passion for learning. You fearlessly dive into new and unfamiliar technologies, but also a Discipline / Focus / Competitive / Team Spirit.
- Bachelors degree from a college or university with computer science specialty; applicable work experience considered - but is not required.
- We offer very competitive salaries, restricted stock units (RSUs), paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, events every other week and an exciting offices in multiple countries
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!