We're looking for talented engineers who are passionate about coding, as well as changing the music & audio experience for people in the Middle East. As an Anghami engineer, you'll you'll have a large impact on all parts of our platform.
This pivotal position accepts junior to senior engineers and allows growth up to high levels with tenure and achievements.
We have backend engineers making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build features that span various parts of the system.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful systems; you need to be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces - and attention to detail. Of course, you should be comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
You will be dedicated to one of many teams - depending on evaluation, some teams as below:
- Core API team
- Search team
- Billing team
- Social team
- Ingestion team
Come help us:
- Conceive, design, build, and launch new user-facing features
- Develop, release, and scale backend services and/or infrastructure
- Think critically about the next shaping our software
- You have 2 years or more experience building with PHP based architecture. PHP knowledge is not a must but a strong Object Oriented Programming sense is required.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, Go or Typescript is a plus
- Experience working with a database (DML/DAL/SQL) in production. We use a combination of MySQL, Redshift, DocumentDB & Spark.
- A product-minded approach to engineering. You should be excited about working directly with users and artists all over the world to make sure students have an amazing experience.
- Experience in Unit Testing or Integration Testing is welcomed.
- Docker & Containerization technology is core to us, if you're familiar with it, you'll feel at home.
- Understanding of HTTP stack: request lifecycle and related web servers: Apache / Nginx / etc
- We are running on AWS: some familiarity there is a bonus, however any other technology that you master well is a bonus
- A passion for learning. You fearlessly dive into new and unfamiliar technologies, but also a Discipline / Focus / Competitive / Team Spirit.
- Bachelors degree from a college or university with computer science specialty; applicable work experience considered - but is not required.
We are looking for overachievers. There is room for rapid growth for highly motivated individuals, we are growing the team and doubling it every year.
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential stock options, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, events every other week and an exciting offices in multiple countries
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- This position might be relocated to UAE in the near future. Anghami handles the transition including the visa - from Lebanon - to UAE.