- We’re a homemade startup with international swagger and over 70 millions registered customers.
- We're the first Arab tech company to be listed on the New York Nasdaq.
- We pride ourselves with our Customers and our Product.
- We work hard every day to understand the needs and aspirations of our customers.
- We believe that music is ambivalent: It is as social as it is personal.
- And so we aim at providing users with all the tools and features that grant them the full freedom to explore, share and connect through music.
What you will do
You will be a member of a small team (4-5 engineers) with big responsibilities. You will work with your team to deliver personalization and recommender experiences across the Anghami product experience. You will learn the existing architecture and approach to recommender systems at Anghami and work towards enhancing and upgrading those systems. You will advance your career by working on the worldwide number one recommendation system for Arabic and international audio content and with the leading platform of audio content in the Middle East.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background in machine learning and recommender systems. You have previous experience with the full lifecycle of machine learning engineering. You have previously owned delivery of ML projects from requirements gathering to deploying and serving models in production environments. You understand and deliver best practices for ML operations in production environments. You are a curious individual who maintains a thorough understanding of the latest machine learning techniques. You are a technical leader and team player who can influence and guide others towards the delivery of the company’s mission.
- You have a bachelor's degree in a STEM subject or equivalent practical experience.
- You have 8+ years experience in machine learning and data science.
- You have 5+ years experience in a recommender systems role.
- You are a full stack machine learning engineer.
- You are a fluent python developer with practical experience of machine learning libraries like pandas, pyspark, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, keras, pytorch, tensorflow or similar.
- You have experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive or similar.
- You have practical experience with modern search libraries (preferably Elasticsearch).
- You have technical experience with cloud native solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- You have MLOps experience and have previously supported your models in production.
- You have a demonstrable ability to exercise technical judgment in solving complex challenges.
- You can function as an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential RSUs (Restricted Stock Units), paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, events every other week and exciting offices in multiple countries.
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!