Anghami is looking for a passionate and experienced podcast editor to join our Podcast team. You will play an important role in defining and executing Anghami’s podcast programming strategy.
- We’re a homemade startup with international swagger and over 70 million registered users.
- We're the first Arab tech company to be listed on the New York Nasdaq.
- We pride ourselves with our Users and our Product.
- We work hard every day to understand the needs and aspiration of our users.
- We believe that music is ambivalent: It is as social as it is personal.
- And so we aim at providing users with all the tools and features that grant them the full freedom to explore, share and connect through music.
What we are looking
- Curate collections and playlists of podcast content based around different moods, moments and genres.
- Build and handle a content calendar based around upcoming launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments.
- Work with local podcasters on building podcasts along the editorial strategy.
- Plan and execute on-platform promotions to drive awareness for key podcasts titles.
- Collect, analyze and report relevant performance metrics to a broader company audience and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories.
- Provide insights on what’s working and what’s not, and make content recommendations.
- Stay on top of the latest trends and developments in the audio on demand market both in your territory and worldwide.
- Create a podcast community on Anghami by creating podcast related events through different channels.
- Stay connected to podcast networks and stay up to date around new shows and episodes.
- Oversee queries from podcasters to set them up with Anghami
- Liaise with different teams on feedback, needs, and suggestions coming from podcaster contacts
- Minimum 3 years working experience with a strong understanding of the local podcast scene and culture.
- A passion for podcasts and other audio content.
- Experience in content strategy and planning for audience growth and optimizing for engagement on a digital platform and/or media company.
- Deep understanding of creative communication and a solid sense of quality and commercial messaging.
- Ability to drive your own work independently, leading multiple projects with many stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of audience segments and targeting content to meet the needs of various audiences.
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications.
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential RSUs (Restricted Stock Units), remote working opportunities, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, events every other week and an exciting offices in multiple countries
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!