- We’re a homemade startup with international swagger and over 70 million registered users.
- We're the first Arab tech company to be listed on the New York Nasdaq.
- We pride ourselves with our Users and our Product.
- We work hard every day to understand the needs and aspiration of our users.
- We believe that music is ambivalent: It is as social as it is personal.
- And so we aim at providing users with all the tools and features that grant them the full freedom to explore, share and connect through music.
Who are we looking for:
- We are looking for experienced Android developers to help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile application
- We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing sophisticated applications on the Android phone, Android Wear, Android Wear , Android TV & ChromeCast.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Build reusable software components for interfacing with the Anghami platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 4 years of experience in Android development. Maybe you even have some nice Android apps in the Play Store that you can show us.
- Fluent in writing well-documented code. You love to explain and show off your awesome new code snippet you just did to those around you, and you can do so in fluent English.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is a plus, but not required.
- Being able to write and debug code that is suitable for mobile constraints.
- Solid understanding of the intricacies of the mobile platforms
- Familiar with source-control management
- Demonstrated expertise with the Android SDK
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems
- Proficient in :
- Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Understanding of caching and streaming mechanisms
- Extensive experience with UI layouts
- Design data models and create database schemas using SQLite
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- We offer very competitive salaries, potential RSUs (Restricted Stock Units), remote working opportunities, paid vacations, training and development, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health insurance.
- We also offer startup perks including unlimited coffee, events every other week and an exciting offices in multiple countries
- If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- This position might be relocated to Abu Dhabi/UAE in the near future. Anghami handles the transition including the visa - from Lebanon - to UAE.